Wednesday’s lineups: Tigers at Cubs
The Tigers and Cubs will be wearing 1945 throwbacks tonight in honor of their World Series clash, so the logos below are from 1945. The lineups are modern-day, even if some American League fans believe having the pitcher bat is antiquated. Thanks to sportslogos.net for the logos, and baseball-almanac for the World Series program image.
As for the lineup, Victor Martinez is on the bench for a second consecutive night. Considering Miguel Cabrera has better numbers off Jon Lester than any active hitter, there was no chance he was getting a night off. Cabrera has a .667 career OBP against Lester, and has reached base safely 10 times in his 20 plate appearances since returning from the disabled list according to MLB Network research.
After last night’s 5-for-5 performance, Ian Kinsler is now 9-for-12 with three extra-base hits and five runs scored in three games against the Cubs this year.
- Rajai Davis, LF (14-for-44, 3 doubles, 3 triples, HR, 4 walks, 11 K’s)
- Ian Kinsler, 2B (8-for-35, double, 2 HR, 3 walks, 4 K’s)
- Miguel Cabrera, 1B (16-for-29, 4 doubles, HR, 10 walks, 3 K’s)
- J.D. Martinez, RF (0-for-2)
- Nick Castellanos, 3B (3-for-7, HR, K)
- James McCann, C (1-for-2, double, K)
- Jose Iglesias, SS (2-for-8, double, 3 K’s)
- Anthony Gose, CF (1-for-8, double, 3 K’s)
- Daniel Norris, P
- Dexter Fowler, CF
- Kyle Schwarber, LF
- Kris Bryant, 3B
- Anthony Rizzo, 1B
- Jorge Soler, RF (1-for-1 off Norris)
- Starlin Castro, 2B
- David Ross, C
- Jon Lester, P
- Addison Russell, SS