Saturday’s lineups: Tigers vs. Indians (updated)
UPDATE: Trevor Bauer was a last-minute scratch with an illness after trying to long-toss before his start. Left-hander T.J. House starts in his place. The Tigers lineup, which already had Rajai Davis in it but also has Alex Avila in it, stays the same.
Davis got the start today over Anthony Gose against what was supposed to be Bauer, who has slight reverse splits for his career but has been pretty much stingy against everybody this season (4-for-30 with 17 strikeouts vs. right-handed hitters, 4-for-34 with 9 walks and 9 K’s against lefties). Gose’s four-strikeout also likely played into the move.
“He’s just in a little bit of a funk right now,” Brad Ausmus said. “He’s not swinging like he was a week ago. It doesn’t hurt to give him a day to regroup and work on some things in the cage.”
Weatherwise, it appears Detroit has lucked out today. While most of the Midwest is getting drenched today — the White Sox already canceled their game against the Royals — the storm system is expected to stay to the south of Motown, allowing for a cold, dry afternoon of baseball at Comerica Park.
Reminder: Today’s game is on Fox Sports 1, rather than Fox Sports Detroit. Check your TV provider for the channel number.
TIGERS (career numbers off T.J. House)
- Rajai Davis, CF (1-for-1, walk)
- Ian Kinsler, 2B (1-for-1, walk)
- Miguel Cabrera, 1B (2-for-2, HR)
- Victor Martinez, DH (0-for-2, walk)
- J.D. Martinez, RF (2-for-2)
- Yoenis Cespedes, LF (0-for-1, K)
- Alex Avila, C
- Nick Castellanos, 3B (0-for-1, K)
- Jose Iglesias, SS (0-for-1)
P: Alfredo Simon
INDIANS (career numbers off Alfredo Simon)
- Michael Bourn, CF (4-for-6, 2 K’s)
- Jason Kipnis, 2B (2-for-8, double, walk, K)
- Michael Brantley, LF (7-for-12, 3 doubles, walk)
- Carlos Santana, 1B (4-for-12, 2 walks, 3 K’s)
- Brandon Moss, RF (1-for-4, K)
- David Murphy, DH (3-for-6, double, 2 walks, HBP)
- Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B (2-for-10, double, HR, K)
- Brett Hayes, C
- Jose Ramirez, SS (1-for-4)
Trevor Bauer T.J. House