MLB sets postseason schedule, Tigers prepare to put playoff tickets on sale
Not to presume anything or look too far ahead, but for planning purposes, below are the relevant dates for the MLB postseason schedule released today.
The Tigers announced earlier Thursday that they’ll put tickets for potential Wild Card and Division Series home games on sale next Wednesday at noon ET. If you’ve bought these in previous seasons, you know the drill. Tickets are available only online at tigers.com, not by phone or at the box office. There’s a limit of 12 per customer, per game.
Unless something crazy happens, plan on the Tigers having the worse seed if they get to the Division Series, whether they win the AL Central or not. That means hosting Games 3-4 on Oct. 5-6. Game 3 could create another football-baseball doubleheader downtown, as the Lions are hosting the Bills at 1pm that day. Surprisingly, those ALDS matchups are the only postseason games scheduled on a Sunday until the World Series.
The good news for AL fans is that there shouldn’t be much searching up and down the TV listings to try to find which network has which game in a series. TBS has the entire AL postseason, from Wild Card game through the ALCS. The National League games are being distributed among ESPN (for the Wild Card game), FOX, Fox Sports 1 and MLB Network. FOX has just two postseason games before the World Series, carrying Games 1 and 6 of the NLCS.
Tuesday, Sept. 30: AL Wild Card game, televised on TBS (NL game is Oct. 1 on ESPN)
AL Division Series (all games on TBS)
- Game 1: Thursday, Oct. 2 (better seed hosts)
- Game 2: Friday, Oct. 3 (better seed hosts)
- Game 3: Sunday, Oct. 5 (worse seed hosts)
- Game 4: Monday, Oct. 6 (worse seed hosts)
- Game 5: Wednesday, Oct. 8 (better seed hosts)
AL Championship Series (all games on TBS)
- Game 1: Friday, Oct. 10 (better seed hosts)
- Game 2: Saturday, Oct. 11 (better seed hosts)
- Game 3: Monday, Oct. 13 (worse seed hosts)
- Game 4: Tuesday, Oct. 14 (worse seed hosts)
- Game 5: Wednesday, Oct. 15 (worse seed hosts)
- Game 6: Friday, Oct. 17 (better seed hosts)
- Game 7: Saturday, Oct. 18 (better seed hosts)
World Series (all games on FOX)
- Game 1: Tuesday, Oct. 21 (AL hosts)
- Game 2: Wednesday, Oct. 22 (AL)
- Game 3: Friday, Oct. 24 (NL)
- Game 4: Saturday, Oct. 25 (NL)
- Game 5: Sunday, Oct. 26 (NL)
- Game 6: Tuesday, Oct. 28 (AL)
- Game 7: Wednesday, Oct. 29 (AL)