August 16th, 2014
Though Rajai Davis has respectable numbers off Felix Hernandez at 4-for-14, Brad Ausmus is going to give Ezequiel Carrera an opportunity. He’ll bat second, with Ian Kinsler moving up to leadoff for the night.
“I don’t want to put too much of a magnifying glass on Carrera hitting leadoff right now,” said Ausmus.
Most of the Tigers numbers off Hernandez aren’t as bad as you’d think, though the power numbers are very limited.
TIGERS (career numbers off Felix Hernandez)
- Ian Kinsler, 2B (19-for-77, 3 doubles, 4 HR, 11 walks, 11 K’s)
- Ezequiel Carrera, CF (1-for-5, 2 walks, 3 K’s)
- Miguel Cabrera, DH (10-for-24, 2 doubles, 3 walks, 4 K’s)
- Victor Martinez, 1B (6-for-21, HR, 4 walks, K)
- Torii Hunter, RF (23-for-72, 3 doubles, 4 walks, 20 K’s)
- J.D. Martinez, LF
- Nick Castellanos, 3B
- Alex Avila, C (3-for-11, 4 K’s)
- Eugenio Suarez, SS
Max Scherzer David Price
MARINERS (career numbers against Price)
- Austin Jackson, CF (3-for-17, double, 10 K’s)
- Dustin Ackley, LF (2-for-5, double, walk, 3 K’s)
- Robinson Cano, 2B (18-for-64, 3 doubles, triple, HR, 3 walks, 7 K’s)
- Kendrys Morales, DH (3-for-12, 3 K’s)
- Chris Denorfia, RF
- Kyle Seager, 3B (0-for-8, 2 K’s)
- Mike Zunino, C (1-for-7, double, 6 K’s)
- Logan Morrison, 1B (1-for-3, double, K)
- Chris Taylor, SS
P: Felix Hernandez
Between a sellout crowd at Comerica Park for tonight’s game, a huge crowd across the street at Ford Field for tonight’s One Direction concert, and the road closures on Woodward, expect traffic chaos downtown tonight — and that doesn’t include Woodward Dream Cruise traffic if you’re in the northern suburbs.
The Comerica Park operations people sent out an advisory via their twitter account today. The Olympia-owned parking lots and garages on the east side of Woodward are being reserved for people going to the Tigers game. To get in, you’ll need either a parking pass or proof of your ticket to the game. On the west side of Woodward, the lots and garages are open to everybody on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are plenty of other parking lots available downtown, but keep in mind that the Grand Circus stop on the People Mover is closed for renovation. That makes Broadway the closest stop to the ballpark.
The most basic advice is to give yourself as much time as possible, and bring your patience. Also, have your maps app handy on your phone. Depending on how many streets are closed, it might come in handy.