June 28th, 2014
UPDATE: Rajai Davis was originally set to sit once again, which would’ve been paritcularly interesting against a left-hander. However, Austin Jackson was scratched, earning Davis his first start since Wednesday at Texas. He’ll lead off and play in center field.
Miguel Cabrera gets his occasional start at designated hitter, with Victor Martinez starting at first base.
The Astros made a change in starting pitcher, scratching Dallas Keuchel and moving in Brett Oberholtzer, who was roughed up a bit May 6 in Detroit. Keuchel reportedly is dealing with inflammation in his wrist. But the Tigers are still facing a lefty, so the matchups shouldn’t drastically change. Bryan Holaday will start at catcher for Detroit, giving Alex Avila a day off.
Still no Dexter Fowler, who was scratched from Houston’s lineup last night with back issues.
TIGERS (numbers off Oberholtzer)
- Rajai Davis, LF
- Ian Kinsler, 2B (2-for-7, double)
- Miguel Cabrera, DH (2-for-3, HR)
- Victor Martinez, 1B (1-for-2, walk)
- J.D. Martinez, LF (0-for-3, K)
- Torii Hunter, RF (1-for-2, double)
- Nick Castellanos, 3B (1-for-3, K)
- Bryan Holaday, C
- Eugenio Suarez, SS
P: Max Scherzer
ASTROS (numbers versus Scherzer)
- Jose Altuve, 2B (0-for-7, K)
- George Springer, RF (1-for-3, K)
- Jonathan Singleton, 1B
- Jason Castro, C (0-for-6, 5 K’s)
- Alex Presley, CF (1-for-9, double, walk, 2 K’s)
- Matt Dominguez, 3B (1-for-9, 4 K’s)
- Chris Carter, DH (0-for-6, walk, 3 K’s)
- Marwin Gonzalez, SS (0-for-2)
- L.J. Hoes, LF
P: Brett Oberholtzer