June 8th, 2014
As expected, Alex Avila has rejoined the Tigers lineup after missing Saturday’s game following the concussion he suffered Friday night. By all indications, his symptoms are fine. If you remember to last August, however, he played a full game in New York two days after suffering a concussion in Cleveland before symptoms finally emerged the next day. So here’s guessing the Tigers medical staff will keep a close eye on him.
Meanwhile, Rajai Davis moves up to the leadoff spot once again, this time with the right-hander on the mound. His numbers against John Lackey are pretty strong, so there’s a case to be made for it.
On the Boston side, Mike Napoli returns from the disabled list right into the Red Sox lineup, batting right behind David Ortiz. He’s 3-for-7 with a double a home run off Anibal Sanchez, most of the damage coming in the postseason.
Remember, tonight’s game is on ESPN beginning at 8pm, not Fox Sports Detroit tonight.
TIGERS (career numbers off Lackey)
- Rajai Davis, LF (12-for-31, 3 doubles, triple, 9 K’s)
- Ian Kinsler, 2B (16-for-38, 2 doubles, triple, 4 HR, 4 walks, K)
- Miguel Cabrera, 1B (6-for-18, double, 2 HR, walk, 4 K’s)
- Victor Martinez, DH (13-for-35, double, 4 walks, 3 K’s)
- Torii Hunter, RF (15-for-62, 3 doubles, 2 HR, 3 walks, 12 K’s)
- Nick Castellanos, 3B (1-for-3, K)
- Austin Jackson, CF (4-for-13, 2 doubles, walk, 5 K’s)
- Alex Avila, C (1-for-11, double, 3 walks, 4 K’s)
- Eugenio Suarez, SS
P: Anibal Sanchez
RED SOX (career numbers vs. Sanchez)
- Brock Holt, LF (0-for-2, K)
- Xander Bogaerts, 3B (2-for-5, double, K)
- Dustin Pedroia, 2B (2-for-7, 2 walks)
- David Ortiz, DH (4-for-10, double, 2 HR, 2 walks, 2 K’s)
- Mike Napoli, 1B (3-for-7, double, HR, 2 walks, 3 K’s)
- A.J. Pierzynski, C (0-for-2)
- Daniel Nava, RF (0-for-2, walk, 2 K’s)
- Stephen Drew, SS (5-for-25, triple, 2 walks, 8 K’s)
- Jackie Bradley, Jr., CF (1-for-2, K)
P: John Lackey