Friday’s lineups: Tigers vs. Angels
(Can’t have a Jered Weaver start at Comerica Park without the above highlight.)
The Tigers have a six-game stretch coming up where they’re going to face five left-handed starters, so they’re getting their left-handed hitters some work now. Don Kelly gets the start at third base, and Andrew Romine (he’s a switch-hitter, but he’s essentially considered a left-handed hitter) starts for the first time in a week.
The bullpen now has an extra arm with Justin Miller called up, but manager Brad Ausmus says there aren’t any relievers who are completely ruled out.
“There’s nobody who’s not available,” Ausmus said. “There are guys I’d rather not pitch.”
The Angels originally had David Freese in their lineup, then scratched him. Ian Stewart now is starting at third base and hitting at the bottom of an injury-riddled batting order.
Remember, with the Red Wings opening up their Stanley Cup playoff series tonight, the Tigers broadcast is moved to FSD Plus, with the radio call on AM 1270.
TIGERS (career numbers off Jered Weaver)
- Ian Kinsler, 2B (19-for-82, 5 doubles, 3 HR, 6 walks, 9 K’s)
- Torii Hunter, RF (3-for-12, 2 HR, K)
- Miguel Cabrera, 1B (6-for-21, 3 doubles, HR, 3 walks, 3 K’s)
- Victor Martinez, DH (7-for-22, double, 5 walks, 3 K’s)
- Austin Jackson, CF (2-for-13, double, 2 walks, 6 K’s)
- Don Kelly, 3B (1-for-4, HR, walk)
- Alex Avila, C (1-for-10, 3 K’s)
- Andrew Romine, SS
- Rajai Davis, LF (5-for-21, 4 doubles, 4 K’s)
P: Drew Smyly
ANGELS (career numbers off Smyly)
- Colin Cowgill, RF
- Mike Trout, CF (1-for-6, double, K)
- Albert Pujols, 1B (1-for-4, double, K)
- Howie Kendrick, DH (1-for-5, K)
- Chris Iannetta, C (1-for-2, double)
- Erick Aybar, SS (1-for-3, double)
- J.B. Shuck, LF (0-for-0, walk)
- John McDonald, 2B (0-for-1, K)
- Ian Stewart, 3B
P: Jered Weaver