Later starts set for Games 1 and 2
Get ready to catch up some rest this week, because the Tigers and A’s will keep fans in Detroit up late this weekend.
Major League Baseball announced game times through Saturday, including the first two games of the Tigers’ Division Series in Oakland. With those games being the only West Coast starts for the first few days, they’ll get the late starts. Game 1 will start at 9:37 p.m. ET on Friday, with Game 2 slated for 9:07 p.m. ET on Saturday.
No times have been announced for Game 3 or 4 (if necessary) in Detroit on Monday and Tuesday. Some of that will probably depend on how many other series are going; Monday will be Game 3 for both AL Division Series, but Game 4 for the two NL Division Series.
So to recap the schedule:
- Game 1: Tigers at A’s, Friday, 9:37 p.m. ET
- Game 2: Tigers at A’s, Saturday, 9:07 p.m. ET
- Game 3: A’s at Tigers, Monday, TBD
- Game 4 (if necessary): A’s at Tigers, Tuesday, TBD
- Game 5 (if necessary): Tigers at A’s, Thursday, TBD