Saturday’s lineups: Tigers vs. Red Sox
Austin Jackson is back in the Tigers lineup, much to Jim Leyland’s relief no doubt. The hope is that this isn’t an issue they have to watch over the next few weeks.
On the BoSox side, David Ortiz remains the main man for Max Scherzer to beware, as the numbers show.
No numbers for Tigers hitters against Allen Webster — not in the big leagues, anyway. So I’m falling back on my rule of thumb for Beat the Streak: When in doubt, pick Cabrera. There’s a seven-game streak on the line. Here’s who other MLB.com writers picked.
Quick reminder that tonight’s game is on FOX, not FS Detroit, which means no MLB.TV. If you’re in a region getting another game (five regional games tonight, including Twins-Indians), you’re kinda stuck. You can follow along online with Gameday, or listen to the broadcast here, or follow along on twitter.
- Austin Jackson, CF
- Torii Hunter, RF
- Miguel Cabrera, 3B
- Prince Fielder, 1B
- Victor Martinez, DH
- Jhonny Peralta, SS
- Andy Dirks, LF
- Omar Infante, 2B
- Brayan Pena, C
P: Max Scherzer
RED SOX (career numbers off Max Scherzer)
- Jacoby Ellsbury, CF (3-for-6, HR, 3 walks, K)
- Shane Victorino, RF (1-for-3)
- Dustin Pedroia, 2B (3-for-10, 2 HR, K)
- David Ortiz, DH (6-for-10, 2 HR, 2 walks, K)
- Mike Carp, 1B (1-for-2, walk, K)
- Daniel Nava, LF (1-for-3, K)
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C (5-for-9, HR, 3 K’s)
- Stephen Drew, SS (1-for-7, 3 K’s)
- Jose Iglesias, 3B
P: Allen Webster