Tuesday’s lineups: Tigers vs. Astros
Jim Leyland talked over the weekend about trying to get Ramon Santiago a start during one of the games against the Astros. He’ll give Jhonny Peralta a game off tonight. Other than that, it’s the same lineup as last night. That includes Don Kelly,
The Astros placed their second baseman (and best hitter) Jose Altuve on the bereavement list following the death of his grandmother. He’ll miss the rest of the series. Jake Elmore, who was called up in Altuve’s place, gets the start at second and bats second.
“I played Kelly tonight because this guy is the type of pitcher Kelly might have success against,” Leyland said.
Right-handed hitters are actually batting higher against Harrell for the season (.338 compared to .274 for lefties), but lower for his career.
You can follow the game online via Gameday, watch online through MLB.TV or listen on MLB.com Gameday Audio. You can also play any of the matchups below in MLB.com’s Beat the Streak fantasy game, in which fans try to pick a player for a hit each day for a chance to top Joe DiMaggio’s record hitting streak.
- Andy Dirks, LF (0-for-2, walk off Lucas Harrell)
- Torii Hunter, RF (2-for-2, walk off Harrell)
- Miguel Cabrera, 3B (2-for-6, HR, walk off Harrell)
- Prince Fielder, 1B (2-for-5, 2 K’s off Harrell)
- Victor Martinez, DH (2-for-4 off Harrell)
- Alex Avila, C (2-for-5, 2 walks, 2 K’s off Harrell)
- Omar Infante, 2B (4-for-4 off Harrell)
- Don Kelly, CF (1-for-2 off Harrell)
- Ramon Santiago, SS
P: Doug Fister
- Robbie Grossman, CF (1-for-3, K against Fister)
- Jake Elmore, 2B
- Jason Castro, C (0-for-3, K against Fister)
- Chris Carter, 1B (3-for-8, HR, 2 K’s against Fister)
- Carlos Pena, DH (1-for-9, 2 K’s against Fister)
- J.D. Martinez, LF
- Jimmy Paredes, RF
- Matt Dominguez, 3B (2-for-3 against Fister)
- Marwin Gonzalez, SS (0-for-3 against Fister)
P: Lucas Harrell