September 11th, 2012
Pretty standard lineup tonight against Jake Peavy. None of these guys particularly beat him up. Miguel Cabrera is 12-for-42 off him, with two home runs and eight RBIs, but with more strikeouts (14) than hits.
A couple notes to mention on Peavy: Opponents are 8-for-15 stealing bases on him this year, way down from the 78 percent rate he has allowed for his career, despite A.J. Pierzynski as his catcher most days. Second, Quintin Berry has faced him once, going 0-for-3 with two strikeouts and a hit-by-pitch against him on July 20. He did reach base on a hit-by-pitch.
No Adam Dunn for the White Sox again.
- Austin Jackson, CF
- Andy Dirks, LF
- Miguel Cabrera, 3B
- Prince Fielder, 1B (10-for-30, 4 doubles, 7 strikeouts off Peavy)
- Delmon Young, DH
- Brennan Boesch, RF (4-for-18, 6 K’s off Peavy)
- Jhonny Peralta, SS
- Alex Avila, C (4-for-19, HR, 4 K’s off Peavy)
- Omar Infante, 2B
P: Doug Fister
- Alejandro De Aza, CF
- Kevin Youkilis, 3B
- Dewayne Wise, LF
- Paul Konerko, 1B
- Alex Rios, RF (7-for-11 off Fister)
- A.J. Pierzynski, C (1-for-14, HR off Fister)
- Dayan Viciedo, DH
- Alexei Ramirez, SS
- Gordon Beckham, 2B
P: Jake Peavy