November 6th, 2011
Talked with weekend with Carlos Guillen about his Tigers career and what’s next for him (he plans on playing). Will have his thoughts on the site Monday, but one thing I wanted to mention here is that he has been talking with Magglio Ordonez since the season ended, and that Ordonez plans on playing again next year.
That slots in with other reports from the past few weeks citing sources suggesting Ordonez would go through the rehab process and try to play. Ordonez himself hasn’t made any statements about it, as far as I know, either to American or Venezuelan media.
We learned last week from Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski underwent surgery on his fractured right ankle. Guillen said Ordonez is going to start the rehab process again shortly, again working out in South Florida.
“He’s doing better,” Guillen said.
So, too, is Guillen, who says this will be his first offseason with his full health in a few years. Like Ordonez, Guillen is a free agent, and he plans on playing.
“Why not? If you feel you can play, why not,” he asked.