April Fools …
This is a new one for the Tigers: Allegedly as a team unity gesture, and probably an April Fool’s joke, not to mention a way to break up the last week of Spring Training, the Tigers took the field today dressed in other players’ jerseys. To go down the list …
- Verlander and Laird have traded jerseys. Amazingly, they fit.
- Miguel Cabrera is wearing Armando Galarraga’s jersey.
- Placido Polanco is wearing Adam Everett’s jersey. Everett is now dressed in Santiago’s jersey, and Santiago has Polanco’s jersey.
- Brandon Inge and the bat boy have traded jerseys.
- Carlos Guillen has Mike Hessman’s jersey.
- Magglio is wearing Al Kaline’s jersey.
- Fernando Rodney is wearing Leyland’s jersey.
- And finally, in a switch that would really drive a photographer crazy, Curtis Granderson is wearing Josh Anderson’s jersey. Anderson is now dressed as Granderson.
Those crazy kids …