Another delay

The word from the White Sox is that they’re hoping for the rain to clear out around mid to late afternoon. Depending on when that happens, they could try to get in both games as part of a straight doubleheader. If that’s not feasible, look for a single game tonight.


Did they ever consider playing in a different Stadium like Houston and the Cubs will be playing in Milwaukee? I was thinking of the Metrodome except the Vikings are playing there right now.

What is the field like at U.S. Cellular. Hope they have a good drainage system.

Supposedly the drainage system is strong. The outfield might be a little squishy, but after 6 1/2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours or so, that’s to be expected.

As far as moving the series, they don’t consider that except in real extreme weather cases like hurricanes (Marlins, Astros) and snowstorms (Indians last year).

Thanks Jason. Any lineups yet? It’s been 3 days since the Tigers played a game, have they been hitting indoors?

Have they been hitting indoors? They haven’t been hitting outdoors all year, what makes you think they’ll hit indoors?

FOUR days, since we last played (wed. afternoon).

They have been hitting indoors. It’s a little tricky here, because the only batting cages here are on the White Sox side. I don’t think they’ve taken batting practice outside since Tuesday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s